Term of Use
Content terms of (re)use
This section outline how Ancient Cards content can be reused.
The Ancient cards owners wishes to encourage the dissemination and the use of information about our collection and expertise that we publish on our website. For this purpose, the content of our website, including deck renderings, card scans and deck information, is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) licence. Additionally, as outlined below, Ancient Cards is willing to grant commercial use permission and provide support for initative that support research, education and arts.
- An individual's website or blog that is used as a platform to promote or conduct commercial activities (for example, to sell products created by or services provided by such an individual)
- A commercial organization's website or blog, including trading arms of charities
- Freely distributed leaflets or merchandise that promote goods or services
- Corporate stationery or any business communications such as annual reviews
- Free-entry events, presentations or lectures promoting a product or a service
- Displays in public places offering or promoting a product or service, such as use in a shop, restaurant, hotel, public bar or property showroom
Non commercial activities
- Use in free-entry, educational lectures (or in activities promoting free-entry lectures).
- Use in Charitie and non-profit documentation.
- One-off classroom use.
- Reproduction within a thesis document submitted by a student at an educational establishment (an electronic version of the thesis may be stored online by the educational establishment as long as it is made available at no cost to the end user).
- Use in websites as long as they are informational, academic or research-oriented and not linked to any commercial activity.
- Display within a free-entry public space (including museums and galleries), as long as the use is not promoting a product or a service.
- Educational and classroom use within an educational establishment or in the course of formal instruction.
Requesting commercial use permission
- Research paper in paid journal.
- History books.
Can use Ancient Cards images to reproduce decks?No - you cannot use our images to reprint, reproduce, recreate or for any endaveor that will result in our content used in a commercial product.
Can I get higher-resolution, and images without marking?Yes. We have extremely high resolution scan of most of our collection and happy to provide it to you as long as the usage is acceptable based of our term of use (or permission we granted) and attribution is clearly indicated.
Can I get additional images of a specific decks?Yes. We have extremely high resolution scan of most of our collection and happy to provide it to you as long as the usage is acceptable based of our term of use (or permission we granted) and attribution is clearly indicated?
- 'Marks' means the trademarks or service marks, logos or brands for the time being and from time to time properly used or adopted by and belonging to us or a third party. The term 'trademarks' shall, where the context admits, be deemed to include all logos and service marks.
- 'Materials' means, to the extent it is protected copyright work, and is not expressly marked as 'Third Party Property', all or any part of any text, image, audio, video or any other type of media in any format contained and comprised in the Website. 'Materials' do not include 'Marks'.
- 'Third Party Property' means all or any part of any Marks, text, image, audio, video or any other type of media in any format contained and comprised in the Website and expressly marked as the copyright property of a third party.
- 'We' 'our' 'us' mean The owners of Ancient Cards or as the context requires Ancient Cards the entity.
- 'Website' means our website at ancient.cards/ and any sub-domains.
Nothing contained in the Website shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use our Marks or those comprised in any Third Party Property displayed on our Website without our prior written permission or that of any third party owner. Your misuse of the Marks on our Website is strictly prohibited.
- We have taken every effort and care in preparing Materials, however we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy thereof, and Materials shall at all times constitute work in progress which we may change without notice. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your use of or reliance on Materials.
- Links within our Website may lead to other websites. They are provided for convenience only. We do not sponsor, nor necessarily endorse or otherwise approve of any information or statements appearing on those websites (or websites referred to or linked to those websites).
- Every reasonable effort has been made to seek appropriate permission from people identifiable in photographs used throughout the site.